A Surface Wave RG meeting was held in Bologna on the 17 and 18 November 2016, hosted by INGV Bologna (Via Donato Creti 12), organized by Andrea Morelli, Helle Pedersen, Tomas Meier and Irene Molinari
The declared objectives to exchange ideas and talk about what science perspectives AlpArray is opening, to see what are the main open questions, to discuss about possible collaborations, to create scientific contacts between institutes and researchers, with special emphasis on younger colleagues.
The workshop formula was based on short contributions, from all the participants, on surface wave propagation, analysis, inversion, previous and background studies (including the wider Alpine area, extending to Europe, the Balkans, the Mediterranean), planned studies.
- Irene Molinari, ETH Zurich: Status of the AlpArray Seismic Network / 3D velocity model for the Alps and North Italy.
- Florian Fuchs, University of Vienna: Uni Vienna contribution: Surface wave array analysis & utilizing ambient noise for structural imaging and seismic hazard.
- Ehsan Qorbani, University of Vienna: Ambient noise tomography for the Southern and Eastern Alps / Contribution of Uni Vienna: Noise-based tomography and anisotropy & Polarized array analysis of
- Emanuel Kästle, UPMC Paris, ISTeP: Ambient-noise tomography of the Alpine lithosphere using Love and Rayleigh waves.
- Yang Lu, ISTerre, Université Grenoble Alpes: Surface wave tomography of the Europe from ambient seismic noise.
- Thomas Meier, University of Kiel: Rayleigh and Love phase velocities in central Europe from automated inter-station measurements, T. Meier, A. El-Sharkawy, S. Lebedev, C. Weidle, L. Cristiano.
- Andrea Morelli, INGV - Bologna: Rayleigh wave ellipticity and group speed to constrain crustal structure.
- Helle Pedersen, ISTerre, Université Grenoble Alpes: A cross section along the CIFALPS transect based on surface wave array analysis, by Chao, Pedersen, Paul, Zhao and the CIFALPS Working Group.
- Edi Kissling, ETH Zurich: AlpArray: goals and challenges.
- Enrico Serpelloni, INGV - Bologna: Three-dimensional deformations of the Alpine region.
- Rosaria Tondi, INGV - Bologna: Joint inversion of gravity and seismic data for crust and upper mantle structure.
- Anne Paul, ISTerre, Université Grenoble Alpes: A summary of results of the CIFALPS seismic experiment in the Western Alps.