Purpose and goals for this WG:
- to bring together the different AlpArray communities (seismologists from observatories and universities, tectonics experts, deformation specialists, geologists) around a common goal;
- to coordinate research projects in AA, in particular with regards to Ph.D.s and post-docs research;
- to provoke a discussion and enable an efficient exchange of best practices regarding both seismicity and local tomography investigations;
- to provoke a discussion and enable an efficient exchange of other seismotectonic data (fault catalogs, deformation measurements etc.);
- to further the efforts of processing seismicity data into national and international seismic catalogs;
- to prepare the ground for later research groups on strong outreach topics such as seismic hazard and risk mitigation.
You can join the Research Group activities subscribing the group mailing list.
Alessia Maggi (Strasbourg) - seismotectonics
Stefano Solarino (Genova) - seismic tomography
Simone Cesca (Potsdam) - seismicity
Edi Kissling (Zurich) - AA seismic catalogue