The Ivrea project is carried out as an "AlpArray Complementary Experiment" by 3 institutions:
- UNIL (University of Lausanne), represented by György Hetényi
- lG Prague (lnstitute of Geophysics, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Prague, Czech Republic), represented by Jaroslava Plomerová,
- INGV (lstituto Nazionale di Geofisica e Vulcanologia, Genova, ltaly), represented by Stefano Solarino.
The three institutions combined their efforts to install and operate an array of 10 broadband stations of IG CAS Prague MOBNET pool in the lvrea-Verbano Zone region. The network installation was completed by end of June 2017.
- P-to-S receiver functions, shallow structure and velocity gradient sharpness ofthe lvrea geophysical body.
- Shallow manifestation of the deep contact of the European and Adriatic plates in the lvrea-Verbano Zone region.
- Detailed crustal structure of the Valsesia-Lombard Prealps area by local earthquake tomography
- lmproving a model of lithosphere structure with the use of a new crustal model derived from RF.
- Structure of the mantle lithosphere and its relations to the crust and to the asthenosphere (LAB).
- ldentification of potential fictitious heterogeneities in the lithosphere caused by applying improper crustal corrections in regions with complex crustal/upper mantle structure.
- Testing new array methods for studying lithosphere anisotropy.